Monday, December 8, 2008

A Day off for MOM!

A couple of weeks ago my neighbor Dania decided that I needed a vacation. I couldn't disagree with that! So, she took me on a great drive up to Santa Barbara. We drove up the coast the entire way and it was beautiful!!
This is a beach in Malibu. We ate brunch at a little seafood shop right off the beach and watched the surfers. Dania and I are trying not to fall off this fence during our lovely photo shoot. She climbed out onto this super high platform to do this lovely pose and while she was doing it her flip flop fell down onto the rocks. I'm pretty sure it died.
This is an orchid that Dania bought for me. I thought it was so beautiful. It is a catalea and I haven't killed it yet.
This is in one of the orchid shops. I thought it was so beautiful. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life. You definitely don't get this in Colorado unless you have a climate controlled greenhouse! It inspires me not to kill so many plants. I have to thank Travis for without him no vacation day would be possible. He's swell. and hot.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Super fun! Beautiful flowers! Can't imagine...must be a whole different world!! You may never want to come back to Co after this! and you made a new friend, yay! you're right, Trav is a swell guy, w/o him you'd be stuck in good ole Co, freezing your booty off, with all the same old crowd doing the same boring things! See?? Enjoy your fun in the Cali sun! :) We need to plan for a vacay next summer anyway, so....who knows, maybe Cali wants some Langness! lol