Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fish Printing??

I really thought that my childhood art experiences were great but after this experience I am realizing they were less than whole.
Travis & I took the kids to a street fair called "University by the Sea" and there was a booth there by the Museum of Latin American Art. They were doing a craft called "fish printing".
You roll paint on your fish and then flip it over onto your paper so that it creates a..you guessed it - a FISH PRINT! But it's a REAL fish - now dead - was once alive! After you flip your fishy over onto your paper you slap it until your print is perfect. I know right!!??
Freakin nasty!
Luckily we got there pretty early in the morning before there was any funk!
Can you imagine if we got there at like 2pm?!

2 comments:

MangyCat said...

Yeah, that's pretty nasty, but it sounds like a little boy's dream come true art project.

Jodie said...

Eiiieeewwwwww!